2 November 2012

Artists inspire: Frida Kahlo costume


I didn't plan to attend a halloween party. It was quite spontaneous and I had to come up with an idea for the cosume quickly. I'm currently reading the biography of Frida Kahlo, so the choice was obvious!


These are self-portraits of Frida thet gave me inspiration. Although Frida wore very colourful costumes, I decided to wear something red and nude with a pop of violet and other colours.


Here it is! I made not only the flower crown, but also Frida's characteristic evebrows. They look scary o me. Well, it was Halloween!How did you spend your Halloween? Is it a day that you used to celebrate? To be honest, this was the first year when I attended a party like this, it's not a tradition here, in Poland. That's why I ask!
Have a beautiful day,
Julia

PS: "artists inspire" is a new category here on the blog. Stay tuned to see the updates in the near future!

6 comments:

  1. Fantastic costume!

    Bisous
    Suzanne
    http://bisous.typepad.com/bisous/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your costume! Here in the US Halloween can be pretty big deal for many people of all ages. Some of my most fond childhood memories are of making my costumes -planned weeks in advance even!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Frida! Halloween isn't big in Sweden either, but I'm hoping to receive a few trick or treaters to our house today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. inspirująco tu u Ciebie
    uwielbiam Fride
    pozdrawiam i zapraszam do siebie
    artglassgreen.blogspot.com
    verrevert.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow now that's an original costume!! Perfect!!

    Ergo - Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Niesamowite! Frida w najczystszej postaci :)

    ReplyDelete