22 July 2013

Treasures of Summer: vintage and new


Summer for me is the time when I finally can do a lot of things I can't during the year. I mean being lazy, drawing silly things and patterns, going to the flea market (and finding pretty things!) presing flowers and lots more.
Lato to dla mnie okres, kiedy wreszcie mogę robić rzeczy, na które nie miałabym czasu podczas reszty roku. Kwalifikują się do tej kategorii nicnierobienie, rysowanie bezsensownych esów floresów, chodzenie na giełdy staroci, suszenie kwiatów i wiele wiele więcej;)
These old German and Polish nibs are from the flea market. This is something I've been looking for! They are great for practising calligraphy. Szymon made the wooden handles for me and now I can have fun;)
Te stare stalówki są właśnie z giełdy staroci. Szukałam czegoś takiego już długo. Świetnie nadają się do ćwiczenia kaligrafii! Szymon zrobił dla mnie drewniane uchwyty i teraz mogę się bawić;)
This year I find many dead butterflies on the sidewalk. I decided to pick them and make them be beautiful for longer. Maybe I'll make a little display from all things I collect this Summer such as flowers, leaves, drift wood, seashells, feathers and of course butterflies. Something similar to the letters I send to three bloggers when I was in Tuscany last year.
W tym roku znajduję dużo martwych motyli na chodniku. Zbieram je i próbuję dać im drugie życie. Planuję zrobić małą wystawę z rzeczy, które znajdę podczas wakacji, na przykład kwiatów, liści, muszelek i właśnie motyli. Będzie to coś podobnego do tego, co zrobiłam rok temu jako pamiątka z Toskanii.

My new plant in a vintage clay pot andorned with a piece of lace.
Nowa roślinka w starej, glinianej doniczce ozdobionej koronką.


I just can't express with words how I'm delighed with the tulip fabric this bra is made of! It's just such a lovely and fresh pattern that I had to buy it. On the right you can see an old notebook with floral print. It's so pretty that I didn't find a proper function for it because I have a fear that I could destroy it somehow.
Nie potrafię powiedzieć jak bardzo ciągle zachwycam się tym materiałem! Po prostu uwielbiam ten tulipanowy wzór. Po prawej stary zeszyt, pewnie jeszcze któregoś z moich rodziców. Nie mam pomysłu, jak go wykorzystać, żeby nie zepsuć jego uroku.

Do you like these? What are your Summer finds by now?

Have a beautiful day,
Julia

PS: Follow along / Obserwujcie:
 photo pin_zpsbbaa29e4.jpg

8 comments:

  1. I adore those floral prints. So delicate.

    You live in Poland? I was lucky enough to be able to visit Warsaw and Gdansk in my travels.I'm very much interested in history, and I was very stimulated by the memory landscape of the country and how it's dealt with in public memorials and architecture. All the polish women wore such amazing hats too.

    xx,

    Kieu

    notclothesminded.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tulipanowe wzory są faktycznie piękne :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tak! I niestety właśnie taka ładna rzeczy nie pasuje na mnie rozmiarem:(

      Delete
  3. Oh these are all so perfect! As much as i love winter i can not wait for summer!!
    x Eloise - Jazzlipsandtulips

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sumer is wayyy better. No runny nose and snow! (;

      Delete
  4. I'm back at blogging my dear Julia !!
    And I'm glad to see all these lovely things here, loved the floral patterns and prints.
    Hope you did well at your exams and competition in the US (what kind of competition was it, by the way?)
    Those butterflies have been lucky to be found in your hands, I'm sure you'll make their beauty last forever.
    <3

    ReplyDelete