10 July 2012

Sketchbook floral cover DIY

Remember the fern sketchbook I posted some time ago? Today I want to show how I made it! It's very easy and quick DIY, so if you have a plain sketchbook/joural/photo album - try this!
(I still don't have properly working camera and that's why I share this a bit archival DIY). 


You'll need a plain sketchbook, flat brushes, vicol (or another decoupage glue), pressed flowers or leaves. 




Paint the first layer of glue and put your design on it. Paint the second layer and let it dry. When it's transparent, put another layer. Repeat this step as many times as it's possible - until your cover is even. That's all!


6 comments:

  1. Adorable! The flowers you used look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lauren! For me their petals look like tiny galaxies because of the colours and the little spots on it. I see many weird things in flowers, I know:)

      Delete
  2. such an awesome idea im definatly going to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous. Would make a wonderful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely! Such a great idea!

    Xoxo Sarah
    theantiquepearl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahh this is so cool, such a good idea, i would love to make this!!!

    ReplyDelete